• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where are Email attachments stored?

Canefan

Dec 11, 2009
Prior to 2.01 I could not get Exchange Emails - would get perpetual fetching message which has been well documented in other threads. Well now my Email attachments will download but I can't view them. Everyday our dept secretary sends out the next days schedule in PDF format. For some reason, she omits the .pdf extension in the file name so the application tells me that the file cannot be displayed. Touchdown will ask me what program I want to open the file with. The native Email app doesn't do this. If I could rename the file after I download it, I could view it. Problem is, I can't find it anywhere. I use Astro file manager and I just can't figure out where the Email app is storing the downloaded file. Anyone have any suggestions??

Mine are stored on my SD card but then again, maybe that's because I'm using Nitrodesk's Touchdown app to check my Microsoft Exchange(Outlook) email. I'm not sure where the native email app stores it's attachments. Maybe it doesn't? Maybe it just downloads them on demand and when you're finished looking at it, the file deletes itself off your phone? I'm no propeller head so I can't say for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones