1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where are Google Product Forums?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rob, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

It seems that Google closed down their traditional Product Support forums last year in favor of a new system. Unfortunately the new system ditches many of the old topics (such as Android Phones) and they're redirecting old conversations to a dead page.

I found this when trying to visit a link I had bookmarked. I'm wondering how many other people are realizing this just now?

Chances are you can find everything you need here at Android Forums: we have a complete list of Android Phones here, you can try the search bar at the top of this page, and if still you can't find what you're looking for you can create a new post here.

Advertisement

2. addermc

addermc Newbie

Even though getting any help from google was extremely difficult before,Now it's non-existent it seems. One reason I found this site. Needed help to Android phone and posted question here and got about 20 answers all correct. Same question to google help forum 5 months ago and what answers I've got have nothing really to do to the questions. And I thought I was a dumbass.

ocnbrze, MoodyBlues and Rob like this.
  3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Can you tell us what you were looking for, Rob? I keep a handy-dandy file of useful info I've collected, and I may have a suitable alternative in it.

One thing's for sure: Google has done its best to make contacting them nearly impossible. Note the word nearly. :eek:

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i will say this....for some of their products, they do offer a support via chat. i had some questions about my pixelbook and was able to get my issues resolved by chatting with someone at google....if i ever need support that is what i usually look for first.

MoodyBlues likes this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Are you talking PlayStore @Rob?

6. addermc

addermc Newbie

Hey just read your comment, and I was trying to find out something don't remember what but after about 20-25 attempts, some chat bot contacted me and ended up in chat to someone that helped me out. But only happened twice and not able to get them since.

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what google product are we talking about? they offer chat support for a few of their products.

8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Their new system is on an all new platform, which broke a bunch of old talk and threads. Now it is google products specifically, so if you have pixel question great, any other phone and you need a different place (like here!)

To everyone else wondering, if you have gmail, wearos, photos, pixel, questions, they have volunteers there to help you. But that is a helpdesk type of solution, not a community forum like here. If that makes sense.