1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Where are my contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrsooty, Nov 14, 2012.

1. mrsooty

mrsooty Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I just bought an HTC Desire X. It imported my contacts from my Sim, no worries. At some point I accidentally re-imported them, so they were all doubled up. Now, there's a function where you can remove double ups, but I didn't see that, so I thought I'd delete them and then re import them. But it seems I've deleted them off the sim - or have I?
    My contacts still appear as contacts when I go to call someone, but they don't show up under 'People' . If I try to import them in 'People' it doesn't see them on the Sim. If I take the Sim out, the contacts remain on the phone. How do I get these contacts into 'People', and how do I get them back on my Sim? The only way I can find is to go into each contact manually and 'save contact to sim', but that is going to take a long time!

Advertisement

2. mrsooty

mrsooty Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Never mind, I think what I'm seeing is my Facebook contacts. I will probably have to just accept the fact that I have deleted all the contacts that were on my Sim. D'oh!

3. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    IT
    Romania
    It's easier to use a computer to go into your Google account and manage your Google contacts; just have the phone sync the contacts with Google and you're all set.

Tags: