1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Where are My Downloads?! please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j-bd87, Mar 15, 2011.

1. j-bd87

j-bd87 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    If i download an mp3 using mediafire over the internet ...or if i download anything over the internet or "market"....I can see it downloading in my notifications. Andwhen its downloading or finished in my notofication bar , I can click on it and it will bring me to a page that is titled my downloads, and it will show me what i habe downloaded onto my s d card over the weeks. But when I exit this page...I can never find it on my phone unless I download something else and have it show up on my notification bar. How can I find "my downloads"! Can someone help. And also....when I download using mediafire, my phone will play it but it has no title and won't show up in my mp3 list. I know this is a harder question, so answered the first only if you can.

Advertisement

2. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Ordained Minister
    Seattle
    Files downloaded in the web browser usually go to your SD card in a folder named "download", at least that's where it is on my Samsung Vibrant. However, when you install an app from the market, it gets installed to /data/app, for regular apps, or /data/app-private for protected apps.

I have never used MP3 files but I'm guessing that you need to move the file from the download folder to another folder unless your music player allows you to choose where to play files from.

3. superstretch

superstretch Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Connect your computer and check the PHONE and PHONESD drives. Downloads can be placed in either of those, depending on your phone and setup.

You can also try Astro File Manager or similar to browse your phone and find them. There really isn't too much to the file system that you can navigate, so you should be able to find them quickly.