• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where are My Downloads?! please help

j-bd87

Lurker
Jan 4, 2011
If i download an mp3 using mediafire over the internet ...or if i download anything over the internet or "market"....I can see it downloading in my notifications. Andwhen its downloading or finished in my notofication bar , I can click on it and it will bring me to a page that is titled my downloads, and it will show me what i habe downloaded onto my s d card over the weeks. But when I exit this page...I can never find it on my phone unless I download something else and have it show up on my notification bar. How can I find "my downloads"! Can someone help. And also....when I download using mediafire, my phone will play it but it has no title and won't show up in my mp3 list. I know this is a harder question, so answered the first only if you can.

If i download an mp3 using mediafire over the internet ...or if i download anything over the internet or "market"....I can see it downloading in my notifications. Andwhen its downloading or finished in my notofication bar , I can click on it and it will bring me to a page that is titled my downloads, and it will show me what i habe downloaded onto my s d card over the weeks. But when I exit this page...I can never find it on my phone unless I download something else and have it show up on my notification bar. How can I find "my downloads"! Can someone help. And also....when I download using mediafire, my phone will play it but it has no title and won't show up in my mp3 list. I know this is a harder question, so answered the first only if you can.
Files downloaded in the web browser usually go to your SD card in a folder named "download", at least that's where it is on my Samsung Vibrant. However, when you install an app from the market, it gets installed to /data/app, for regular apps, or /data/app-private for protected apps.

I have never used MP3 files but I'm guessing that you need to move the file from the download folder to another folder unless your music player allows you to choose where to play files from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones