1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where are taken photos stored?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roger Cordrey, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Roger Cordrey

Roger Cordrey Newbie

My partner has bought a Moto G7 Power running Android 9. When she takes photos they do not appear in the Gallery app as we both expected from previous phones. Where are they? How can she move them to the SD card?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

There's something wrong with her gallery app. I'd start by going into the gallery app's settings and seeing whether there are any restrictions on where it looks. Most phones store pictures in a DCIM folder in the internal storage. A file browser can move them, but unless you want to do that regularly I'd see whether the camera app has a setting to choose where they are stored (my 3rd party camera app does but the system app on my Pixel does not - Google are arrogant sods who always assume they know better than you...).

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. Roger Cordrey

Roger Cordrey Newbie

I find that madam gave me the wrong information: photos go into Gallery, but she cannot specify the SD card as the target. It would seem that 9.0 does not allow this option. I have passed on your advice to copy/move the photos or to use Photos to hold them on the cloud. Many thanks.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

is the sd card formatted? does the phone see the sd card?

i would also recommend using google photos. i never have to worry about storage space or backing up my photos. it is all done on the cloud.

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

How was she trying to set her microSD card as the default storage for her photos? If through the Gallery app tell her to try using the Camera app's settings menu instead. The Camera app is where you can re-direct the default storage for internal or the card.

Hadron and ocnbrze like this.
  6. Roger Cordrey

Roger Cordrey Newbie

#4: the SD card is formatted (it is used on her old phone as Gallery).
    #5: The Camera nor the Gallery settings offer the option to save to SD, but the Camera app settings do! Hooray - Thanks to everyone for advice.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Android stopped allowing that a few iterations ago.Moving apps to the MicroSD card I mean. I've never had a problem moving photos around.

ocnbrze likes this.

moto g(7) power Forum

The moto g(7) power release date was February 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 632 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

February 2019
Release Date
Reviews