1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Where are the (3rd party?) battery chargers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevevt, Dec 20, 2011.

1. stevevt

stevevt Member
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Like many of you, I got an extended battery on day 1. I'm having a hard time finding a battery charger, however. Do I need to just wait a few months for the cheap 3rd party options to be available, or am I just that bad at finding things on the internet?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    Not just you . I found one on ebay one day and went back to buy it and it was gone. I bought the Extended battery and the Battery Charging kit but I hate the external charger it came with . My original plan was to buy the Charging kit cost me $22 then sell the battery for $20 but I just really dislike it . Once there is a cheap battery charger I'll be all over that and as soon as there is a good desktop dock like the one for the GSM version on Ebay I'll be all over that too

stevevt likes this.
  3. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    Are you talking about a dock, or just a charger? Any micro-usb charger will work, but I'd like a good dock just for charging. Even Samsung doesn't make one yet, there's will be expensive though.

I did find a universal one with a movable back for about $25. I'm thinking about getting someone to machine one up for me out of delrin. I made a rough design at work the other day.

4. stevevt

stevevt Member
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    I'm talking about a battery charger that charges a spare battery outside of the phone. I'd be fine if it's also a stand, like this:
    Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Battery Charging Stand (Battery Not Included) #EBH-1F2SBEC - Expansys USA

The problem with this one is that it's not yet available, and only borderline cheap.

5. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    Retired
    I'm looking for a wall charger to charge my extra batteries when they are not in the phone. I really don't care much about price OEM or 3rd party is fine. I would be happy with a Samsung, Verizon, or other 3rd party product but I haven't found one. Any information or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    Well Verizon sells an external charger with standard battery . Also eBay i515 battery and you'll get a few options most included knock off batteries

Smartphone likes this.
Tags: