1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where are the (3rd party?) battery chargers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevevt, Dec 20, 2011.

1. stevevt

stevevt Newbie

Like many of you, I got an extended battery on day 1. I'm having a hard time finding a battery charger, however. Do I need to just wait a few months for the cheap 3rd party options to be available, or am I just that bad at finding things on the internet?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

Not just you . I found one on ebay one day and went back to buy it and it was gone. I bought the Extended battery and the Battery Charging kit but I hate the external charger it came with . My original plan was to buy the Charging kit cost me $22 then sell the battery for $20 but I just really dislike it . Once there is a cheap battery charger I'll be all over that and as soon as there is a good desktop dock like the one for the GSM version on Ebay I'll be all over that too

stevevt likes this.
  3. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast

Are you talking about a dock, or just a charger? Any micro-usb charger will work, but I'd like a good dock just for charging. Even Samsung doesn't make one yet, there's will be expensive though.

I did find a universal one with a movable back for about $25. I'm thinking about getting someone to machine one up for me out of delrin. I made a rough design at work the other day.

4. stevevt

stevevt Newbie

I'm talking about a battery charger that charges a spare battery outside of the phone. I'd be fine if it's also a stand, like this:
    Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Battery Charging Stand (Battery Not Included) #EBH-1F2SBEC - Expansys USA

The problem with this one is that it's not yet available, and only borderline cheap.

5. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a wall charger to charge my extra batteries when they are not in the phone. I really don't care much about price OEM or 3rd party is fine. I would be happy with a Samsung, Verizon, or other 3rd party product but I haven't found one. Any information or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

Well Verizon sells an external charger with standard battery . Also eBay i515 battery and you'll get a few options most included knock off batteries

Smartphone likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews