1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where are the cases?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jag83, Sep 15, 2013.

1. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert

Hard to truly say based on those pics because they are renders, not true photos. We won't know until someone gets it in hand, but I hope so. I don't like going very long without a case.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Android Expert

Verizon has the Incipio Feather in stock on their website in grey Set Your Location

3. TritonDroid

TritonDroid Well-Known Member

Had to get a case that fit and just picked up the VZ TCP. Not great but it fits well and will provide some support. Raised lip so I can set face down if needed without screen touching.

Really am liking the slim armor and will keep my eye on a VZ variant.

4. hollywoods14

Talked to Incipio today, they said 2-3 weeks on their complete G2 line. I'm liking the Feather Shine. Also eyeing the Slim Armor, it's pretty slick.

KOLIO likes this.
  5. stew930

stew930 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Diztronic is making a case for the Verizon G2. I sent them a message this morning asking if they were going to make a case for the Verizon version and below is their response.

Hi,

That is a great question. We actually are making a case specifically for the Verizon version and we hope to have them in roughly 10 days. Pre-orders will start tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Lindsay
    Diztronic

6. kiroshi23

kiroshi23 Android Enthusiast

they also have ballistic cases
    LG G2 Cases | Ballistic Case Co.

i personally got the white spigen slim armor on amazon ill be resiving it on the 2nd i can post pics if you guys want

7. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

Pre-ordered mine this morning. They posted on XDA that Oct 4 is conservative and they think they'll ship by the first. Also have the iloome tempered glass flex screen protector on pre-order also due in late next week. In the meantime, I have some cheapo screen protectors and the not-so-great fitting fosmon tpu case on the way. All-in-all, a temporary stop-gap solution for $9 total. Walking around with a naked phone for 2 weeks is an accident waiting to happen with me.

8. Jooset

Jooset Lurker

I consider the Ballistic a heavy duty case. My review is on amazon. Somewhat bulky as the 2nd reviewer pointed out...but knew that if I didn't have a case for the first several weeks - something bad was definitely going to happen (murphy)....so I went with the only case avail at the time (besides the $50 quick window)....been happy with it...

9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I picked up the Verizon tpu case yesterday to hold me over for now. I don't like it after having it for a day. Adds way too much bulk. guess I'm in wait mode until the black incipio comes out. Guess I could go for the gray one available through Verizon but its not my first color choice so I'll probably just hold out at this point.

10. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

KOLIO likes this.
  11. hollywoods14

i hope they make the feather shine for VZW.

12. iowabowtech

Feather Shines seem to be available now. A forum tipster also unveiled the coupon code (sum20) which I used to save 20% at checkout in addition to the free shipping. Winning.

WormDoes likes this.
  13. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert

Just an FYI, they're available now at the Verizon Corporate Stores. I picked one up yesterday. Two colors, blue & gray. They're very nice, very minimalist, light and look great.

iowabowtech likes this.
  14. taebojames

taebojames Newbie

Thanks just ordered the white and grey Incipio case, using the promo code. The Quick Window case that I have is useless...bothersome actually.

15. atlas310

atlas310 Member

Otterbox Commuter
    G2 Cases

For those that want a little more protection and don't mind the added bulk.

jreed2560 likes this.
  16. taebojames

taebojames Newbie

I just picked up the Body Glove Icon Hybrid case from an AT&T store for $5. They said the phone isn't selling well so they marked cases down. Great case. I'll have to cancel my order with Incipio.

17. Jastow

Jastow Newbie

$5??? The only case for $5 is fits the LG Optimus G. This is online; is the $5 deal only in-store only? The G2's body glove is still listed at $35. Thx

18. taebojames

taebojames Newbie

This was an in-store purchase. And yes, I paid $5 for an LG G2 Body Glove case. I asked the rep how sales were, comparatively speaking (iPhone 5S, LG G2 etc.). She said the S4 was still doing well; giving Apple a run for their money, and didn't comment on the G2. The rubberized silicone part of the case feels cheap and the outer shell is slippery, but for $5 I'll take it.

19. Jastow

Jastow Newbie

I'm using the glove right now and despite the slippery texture and added size, I like like it overall. One potential long term issue I see with the glove is the sides of the inner rubber wearing down from removing the outer hard shell and not being able to hold the case on , securely.

I haven't seen that good deal around, so I ordered the incipio dual to try out. It was cheaper than the glove and the white looks nice.

20. taebojames

taebojames Newbie

Hopefully you used the promo code - sum20. I did, and got 20% off. I may keep the Incipio case. The renders of the white case look nice. I removed the outer shell, from the Body Glove case, and am using the textured silicone. Feels much better in the hand.

21. Jastow

Jastow Newbie

I did use the SUM20 code and it came out to $23.99 w/free shipping. The glove without the hard shell keeps the size down...I may do that eventually.

22. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Picked up the Blue Incipio Feather case. Got it on sale for $11.99.
    Seeing as it's normally $24 I jumped all over it. I love the shade of blue and the fact that it adds almost no bulk. Fits great and looks great.

23. iowabowtech

I got the black Incipio and really like it. This phone is too big to have a bulky case imo so this is the perfect solution for me. My only wish is that it had full coverage on the top of the top of the phone in particular since there's not much up there on the vzw model. Still the best i've seen however.

24. romwarrior

romwarrior Newbie

Where did you buy this case?

25. kiroshi23

kiroshi23 Android Enthusiast

i got the spigen slim armor in the mail, does anyone wants pics

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews