• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where are the USB drivers

My phone has the same prompt whether rooted, not rooted, or on Icarus. If it doesn't automatically give you the popup (My Windows 7 desktop PC does not), go to Start>Computer/My Computer, and your phone should show up with the Huawei logo. Double click that to open, and double click the file "PCOptions.exe" which will launch the popup, giving you three choices, the first of which is to install/uninstall the drivers, depending on whether or not you have already installed them.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
I also had put icarus on my phone decided after a few issues I want to put the stock cricket ascend rom back on. But when I plug phone into usb the phone says its connected via usb and hcarges but my computer wont recognize it like it use to, May be due to me having deleted the usb driver off phone.

I still cannot find the stock drivers to somehow allow the computer to see phone so i c an put the stock rom back on sd card to flash it.

also says android usb adapter installed and mass storage but when i click on the drive it asks me to insert a disc also i notice the red huawei logo that is usually on the driver that represents the phone is not there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have to add to this, because while I can see the drivers and the executable file by which to install them, my computer says they are in use by another "process" on my Vista64 machine, so it won't install them correctly. My phone is NOT rooted yet (mainly because I don't have the drivers for the stupid thing.)

There really needs to be more information about how to do THIS (simply obtaining or making sure you have a backup copy of said USB drivers), or work-around this issue. I know one gentleman here posted a link to some drivers which are hosted on MediaFire, but I've got those, and those STILL don't work. What now?

Upvote 0
I have to add to this, because while I can see the drivers and the executable file by which to install them, my computer says they are in use by another "process" on my Vista64 machine, so it won't install them correctly. My phone is NOT rooted yet (mainly because I don't have the drivers for the stupid thing.)

There really needs to be more information about how to do THIS (simply obtaining or making sure you have a backup copy of said USB drivers), or work-around this issue. I know one gentleman here posted a link to some drivers which are hosted on MediaFire, but I've got those, and those STILL don't work. What now?

uuninstall the drivers and reinstall them and it should work...or look in device manager and you should see abd andriod or something like that, just right click on it and click uninstall, than unplug and re plug you phone back in and install drivers again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones