• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help where are these photo's hiding ?

chukka63

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Norfolk
Every time i copy my photo's from my phone to my laptop i end up with some random photo's that i assume were installed on my phone by google/nexus.
I only have 2 photo albums and they aren't in there.I've removed/disabled the photo app.
Anyone know where they maybe lurking and how i delete them ?

Every time i copy my photo's from my phone to my laptop i end up with some random photo's that i assume were installed on my phone by google/nexus.
I only have 2 photo albums and they aren't in there.I've removed/disabled the photo app.
Anyone know where they maybe lurking and how i delete them ?

I used to get something like this happening to me on my galaxy s3. They were postital files or something like that. I would delete them and bam, they would come right back.

Sorry...not trying to hijack your post...hope you figure it out. It can be annoying! Cheers.

Upvote 0
I'm missing something here. You say:

Every time i copy my photo's from my phone to my laptop i end up with some random photo's...

Since copying usually implies you know where you are copying from, can you explain what you mean by this? What method are you using to copy?

Also, what is the nature of these random photos. Are they stock kinds of photos that might have come with the Nexus 5 as demo shots, are they thumbnails that Android might have made, or are they photos you took but can't find on the device?

Sorry, but I'm just not getting a clear enough picture of the problem.

Upvote 0
they aren't in the gallery,that's my problem in finding them

Oh - sorry - I misunderstood. So these random photos are showing up on your PC.

As @Hook asked, how are you copying the pictures over? Do you just connect a USB cable and copy using windows explorer? If so, which folder do you copy from?)
If not, are you using dropbox or another such cloud storage to sync?

Some other method?

Upvote 0
They are stock type photo's and i sync via the USB cable.I have no idea where/what folder they come from,how do i find out.
I just connected my phone to sync 1 new photo and lo and behold only 1 photo synced to my laptop.Why does it do that and sometimes syncs every photo i have in my albums.
Why isnt sync consistant ?

Upvote 0
They are stock type photo's and i sync via the USB cable.I have no idea where/what folder they come from,how do i find out.
I just connected my phone to sync 1 new photo and lo and behold only 1 photo synced to my laptop.Why does it do that and sometimes syncs every photo i have in my albums.
Why isnt sync consistant ?

I assume this is some kind of PTP sync? Never use that so I'm not much help. I don't really sync photos. I move them using a MTP connection and Windows Explorer or via DropBox, so I pick the photos I am moving.

I don't know why your sync behaves inconsistently, but I'm sure the post above is right, they are in the system folders where you can't access them without root.

Upvote 0
autoplay comes up and i select import pictures and video using windows.I then click ok in the box that opens.Then it starts importing them.

ok. That may be the problem. Windows doesn't know which pictures you want to import, so it will scan your phone to find all pictures, and import them. So you would need to look thru' all your folders to find the unwanted pictures (and hope that they don't get recreated by an app that created them in the first place).

To avoid doing that, you could just choose to go in using windows explorer, and navigate to the folder that has pictures you want, and just copy them over.
(or set up dropbox or google+ or copy.com auto upload - that will ensure that every picture you take is auto-uploaded to that site. With dropbox or copy.com, you can even set up a process to auto-download those pictures from their site to your computer, so the whole process is automated. (Google+ auto-upload is unlimited at standard resolution - not full resolution)

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones