• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where can find OTA rootkeeper?

rdefino

Oct 4, 2011
I just got my new Razr Maxx.

So I looking to root it, but I would like to to be able to load ICS update when it comes out.

I read if I use OTA root keeper, then I can install the ICS update when it comes out.

I've look but cannot find the guide or install for OTA root keeper.

Any pointers?

thanks

1) OTA Rootkeeper will only work AFTER you've rooted, so that's step 1.

2) You really just have to believe that it works, it will show on screen that it's made root safe, but you can't really 'prove' that in any way.

3) It's possible to make changes to the system after rooting, for instance removing bloatware, that may cause the OTA from Moto to fail. Rooting alone, however, shouldn't cause a problem (note I said "shoudn't" and not "won't", it really depends on how Moto codes the update script. Until it rolls out we don't know what they are looking for to validate the device. That said, you can always unroot if necessary)

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply!

Just so I have it correctly:

Do I just run backup root and protect root?

what's the difference between the 2?

Once they are run, I can root using any methd then if needed just use root keeper by pressing "restore root and I'm back to an unrooted Os?

Am I correct on that?

thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones