1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

Support Where can I access my download folder on my LG Optimus V?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yahoolio, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Yahoolio

Yahoolio Lurker
    None

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey guys!
    I have an LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile. Whenever I try to download a video or a PDF, a "download file" window pops up. It gives me the option to choose where the file will be saved. The default option is set at download. After I click save and the download is complete, where do I go to open the download folder? There is an app called "downloads", but that doesn't do anything. I can also choose to save the file under several folders within my SD card, but I don't know where to find my SD card's content.
    Where can I access my downloads, or any other folders on my LG Optimus V?
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Android Expert
    None

Jan 26, 2012
    Male
    Illinios
    Your going to have to use a file explorer to go through your sdcard, 350x has a link above my post to a good free explorer.

3. iwantbruce

iwantbruce Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2012
    2/16/2012: I would also suggest getting these free apps from the Playstore. Android Assistant+18 by Aaron, File Manager by Rhmsoft, Clean Master, and if your device is rooted, DroidWall. Use File Manager to get to access your downloads folder.

Android Assistant has a lot of useful tools including an app backup and app to SD card utility.

File Manager is a very good app with no time limit like some other free file managers have.

DroidWall (for rooted devices only) is a nice little 'firewall' app that does not have any 'permissions. It lets you "whitelist/deny" internet access for any installed app. Works great! Especially useful for people who have limited data plans.

Clean Master cleans up caches and old unused data from your device.

Tags: