• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where can i find speed ratings for sd cards?

I want to get at least a 16 gb micro for my phone but im not sure where to find speed ratings, and i dont want to risk getting a slow one just to save 10 bucks.

The speed factor of your SD card doesn't matter on which class of SD card you have. This is the hidden truth exposed by the XDA Android developer.

It's all depend on the cache memory size of your SD card. Default cache size of SD card is 128 kb. If you increase this cache memory size your SD card reading/writing speed automatically boost-up.

And there is only one way to increase cache size of your SD card, by using increase SD speed app.

To read more about this app and download, head over to this app review link.

Upvote 0
jimmy...

that is true... but only helps to make the speed on android to reach the full potential of the card speed... so that it will match the speed when used on your PC.

the class rating will still matter for what that potential is.

cache only helps for data that is moved to the cache. it still needs to get the info from the card to the cache.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones