1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where can I find the "Unnecessary Items" tab?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LibbyChai, May 21, 2020.

1. LibbyChai

LibbyChai Lurker

Hey all, I hope you can help me.
    I had a Samsung J Turbo. Whenever I started running low in storage, the pop up box at the top of my screen warning me that my phone is DANGEROUSLY low in space (OMG, ha ha) would lead me to a box that gave me options to delete files which include: Large Files, Unused Files, Duplicate Files, and Unnecessary Files. The Unnecessary Files tab includes temp and log files, which I have no idea what those are, except that whenever I deleted those I'd get a lot more space. I finally realized that those are probably copies of items I had deleted, i.e. a 'trash' of sorts.
    Now I upgraded to a Samsung A10e, which I LOVE! It's an affordable and excellent phone. But what befuddles me is that when I get the box that i'm running DANGEROUSLY low on space, there is no tab for unnecessary items. I'm finding that no matter how many large files I'm deleting - and I had quite a few -- it's not making a big dent in my storage memory. I have a funny feeling that my temp items are hiding somewhere in a hidden folder that I can't access. Is the 'trash' option in the gallery supposed to be instead of the unncessary items tab? or are the temp items hidden somewhere else?
    Thanks!

sadaengchayxnant likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

First, if your phone is giving this message, you have too much on it.

If it is apps, ditch some.
    If it is photos and videos, put them onto an SD card.

If you have any social media apps (these tend to be large) xitch them and use your browser for them instead.
    This is actually a good idea for amy app that you can use a site for instead.

The files you were deleting with the other device are most likely app caches and log files.

Neither are important.

Most people here wl tell you to stay away from cleaning apps, and I would do the same most of the time.

But there is one that could replicate the actions that you had with your previous device.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/theredspy15.ltecleanerfoss/

When you run it, select just to scan, not clean, so that you can double check what it wants to delete.

Be sure to double check all of the settings, and engage the built in whitelist.

Also, you will need to find out the filepath for any files/folders that come up in the scanning that you do not want cleared, and add them to your whitelist.

It won't delete things important to the device, but you just want to double check to make sure none of your personal files are included in the list.

If they are, then put the filepath into the whitelist.

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy A10e Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A10e release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 3000mAh battery, 5.83" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, and Exynos 7884 processor.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews