1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where can I get a stock FROYO VZW ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CyBuzz, Aug 17, 2010.

1. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Newbie

So long story short...and a lot of work later.

I rolled back to 2.01 sbf and got the update to 2.2 and it failed. I rolled back to ESE81 (2.1) sbf and got the update...and it failed. I ended up getting FRG22 off another forum and i am updated.

Now I want to find a FROYO SBF file so I can wipe and get a clean install of Froyo.

Do you think one will make it's way into the wild?

CyBuzz

2. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Newbie

I will give that a try.

Here is what I posted as my problems on another forum. I think my boot whatever (loader, area, section of the firmware) is broke or corrupt.

I ended up finding FGR22 and that worked, but the original 'Master' OTA did not.

Code (Text):
    1. ok, i have been having issues with the OTA update. i have resorted to flashing the ESE81 sbf file. I booted the phone (skipped all the google stuff and didnt sign in) and it started to download 2.2.
    3. I let it download, and let it update. The update fails and leaves the phone at the triangle with the yellow ! in it. I go into stock recovery from there and see this:
    5. Verifying current system...
    6. assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:a bunch of letters and numbers")
    7. E:Error in /cache/e48e48ff4252.signed-voles-FRG01B-from-ESE81.zip
    8. (Status 7)
    9. Installation Aborted
    11. ESE81 info:
    12. Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
    13. Baseband Version: C_01.3E.03P
    14. Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 android-build@apa26 #1
    15. Build Number: ESE81
    17. Also...I flashed the 2.01 and a couple other 2.1 sbf images. Same issues: failed to update to 2.2
    19. Also...After i reboot after the failure to update, it thinks it is current and does not notify me of the 2.2 update any longer.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews