• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where can I get a stock FROYO VZW ROM?

So long story short...and a lot of work later.

I rolled back to 2.01 sbf and got the update to 2.2 and it failed. I rolled back to ESE81 (2.1) sbf and got the update...and it failed. I ended up getting FRG22 off another forum and i am updated.

Now I want to find a FROYO SBF file so I can wipe and get a clean install of Froyo.

Do you think one will make it's way into the wild?

CyBuzz

I will give that a try.

Here is what I posted as my problems on another forum. I think my boot whatever (loader, area, section of the firmware) is broke or corrupt.

I ended up finding FGR22 and that worked, but the original 'Master' OTA did not.

Code:
ok, i have been having issues with the OTA update. i have resorted to flashing the ESE81 sbf file. I booted the phone (skipped all the google stuff and didnt sign in) and it started to download 2.2.

I let it download, and let it update. The update fails and leaves the phone at the triangle with the yellow ! in it. I go into stock recovery from there and see this:

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:a bunch of letters and numbers")
E:Error in /cache/e48e48ff4252.signed-voles-FRG01B-from-ESE81.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

ESE81 info:
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: C_01.3E.03P
Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 android-build@apa26 #1
Build Number: ESE81

Also...I flashed the 2.01 and a couple other 2.1 sbf images. Same issues: failed to update to 2.2

Also...After i reboot after the failure to update, it thinks it is current and does not notify me of the 2.2 update any longer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones