• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where can I get beats audio

Can someone tell me what beats audio is?? I am s-off with midnights latest rom, 1.2. If I choose to flash this, will it work on midnights rom. Also, over at the xda thread mentioned here, there is also a file for the camera. Can anyone tell me if they have flashed this file for their camera and also if this was already included in midnights latest rom update.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Can someone tell me what beats audio is?? I am s-off with midnights latest rom, 1.2. If I choose to flash this, will it work on midnights rom. Also, over at the xda thread mentioned here, there is also a file for the camera. Can anyone tell me if they have flashed this file for their camera and also if this was already included in midnights latest rom update.

Thanks

Beats Audio is not a music player. It's a sound enhancement for your phone. You won't see a Beats Audio icon anywhere on your phone.

When you pull up the stock music player, WITH HEADPHONES PLUGGED IN, you can hit the menu button for sound enhancements and select beats there. In my opinion it does make a little difference in the sound of the music. But it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can live without it and never even miss it.

As for Midnight rom, I'm not sure if the mod will work. PM xthedakmanx and ask him since it's his rom. Heck it may already be in the rom and I've never even used it.

Edit: Went back and looked at the OP for Midnight rom and beats audio is already included in it.

Reactions: jreink01
Upvote 0
You clearly have no knowledge of how audio effects work.

Beats audio is nothing but a system-wide EQ setting. Not a BBE effect. An EQ setting, which can be accurately reproduced by any other setting. I prefer my signal to be clean.

IMO all that really matters is whether the Audio Sound Better, Clearer, and preferably Louder

Upvote 0
Myself, and several members of Head-fi have been able to accurately reproduce the EQ settings that beats audio applies. If it were a BBE effect, this wouldn't be possible.

Worthless. This doesn't improve SQ.

To the average end-user the task to replicate Beats Audio may be difficult and i see no harm implementing it into a Rom in-fact i see no reason not to

Edit: I happen to love hooking up my Car's 8 Speaker Sound System and my personal Sound System in my Room (although i can't speak on behalf of other Roms) i can clearly hear the change in the way it Sounds and whether or not to enable those settings are ultimately my choice when playing music

Reactions: Destundead
Upvote 0
You can get better results with any decent user configurable eq. Beats basically does that same thing a loudness setting does on any stereo: increase bass and treble. On my headphones it actually makes the bass worse as mine produce very solid bass already.

I am sure if was paired with the right Beats headphones it would help. My number one problem with iPhone is no user configurable eq.

Upvote 0
You can get better results with any decent user configurable eq. Beats basically does that same thing a loudness setting does on any stereo: increase bass and treble. On my headphones it actually makes the bass worse as mine produce very solid bass already.

I am sure if was paired with the right Beats headphones it would help. My number one problem with iPhone is no user configurable eq.

I get your point but for some users (like myself) they're not to good when it comes to manually setting an EQ and yes Different Speakers and headphones will give different results which is why so many EQ / Sound settings exist i personally use Beats Audio for my music and HTC 5.1 Surround for my videos (For Music Videos i use Beats Audio)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones