• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where can I get Wall Papers to download?

Best way is to get pictures from Flickr.com.

Just navigate to the site on your phone, search around for a picture you like, select the picture, it will take you to the photos details page, select the picture again and it should take you to a page where you can select the size of the image you want displayed, click on "original" you want the resolution to be as high as possible. If the photo is really large this will take awhile to load. Once loaded, long press on the photo till a menu pops up, save image, after its done downloading view the image, the phone will resize it, then hit "menu" above the optical pad, and select "set as" then "wallpaper" then crop to fit and enjoy.

Hope this method helps!

Upvote 0
I'd say the best way is to download Backgrounds. It's a free app with hundreds (or thousands?) of wallpapers, organized into a ton of different categories. You can also search for what you're looking for. Most of them seem to be pulled from people's Flickr/Photobucket accounts. Backgrounds will also keep track of the recent wallpapers you've been using, so it's easy to find an old one if you want to go back to it.

Upvote 0
Both suggestions above are much easier than my suggestion, and "background" app actually does what I suggest, however, it doesn't have enough selection for me personally.

Also while the 640x480 is the perfect fit for the screen, I find that the image still degrades when I put it as a wallpaper, this is just my own personal observation from tests I have done. If you are not to stickler for image quality then that would work great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones