1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Where contacts are saved on pc?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ImperialJohn, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ImperialJohn

ImperialJohn Member
    Mar 17, 2011

Mar 17, 2011
    Hello. Please can anyone tell me the location that contacts are saved to on my pc once they are synced and backup up from my phone using the moto phone portal?

I have a huge problem in that I have upgraded the o/s but I also have a new computer and I didn't backup to gmail account.

I need to be able to copy the data from my old computer c drive to the new computer so I can get the saved contacts back that I had synced to the old system.

When you sync your contacts to your PC using the Moto Phone Portal, do you know whereabouts that contact data is saved on the computer?

I am just not sure on whereabouts the data was saved to be able to put it back in the right place on my new pc so I can add the contacts back to my phone.

I believe it has to be somewhere local on the c drive of my old computer because the moto phone portal is a locally based web application that you transfer stuff to and from your phone between your phone and pc over usb?

So there must be some location on the pc it goes to and the data is stored? If you know loction the data is likely to be saved so that I can copy that data to my new computer and then run the phone portal to transfer it back to my phone I'd appreciate your advice