1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support where did i save my pictures!!!!!??!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HoFun, Feb 16, 2011.

1. HoFun

HoFun Newbie

Hi, i saved my picture on my phone memory, and i cant find it anywhere!! i checked the Media folder nothing there. Can anyone help me please!!

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Is it a pic you downloaded or took with your camera on the phone?

Have you tried looking in the gallery?

3. HoFun

HoFun Newbie

Oh sorry i forgot to put i took it with my Camera, and when i put it in my computer (mass storage) i cant find it in the media folder.

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Ok are you plugging the phone into your computer and searching that was or searching through my files on the phone?

When I search through my files all my pics are located in the sd folder. I also have nothing in the media folder.

5. sremick

sremick Android Expert

Camera photos are stored in the sdcard/DCIM/ folder, like other digital cameras. If you have your camera set to save to the external SD card, look in sdcard/sd/DCIM.

Replace "sd/" with "external_sd/" if you're on Android 2.2

See the Captivate FAQ:
    http://capfaq.com/w/Storage

6. CanadiensFan

CanadiensFan Lurker

I just wanted to add that when I connected my android to my mac notebook, the "devices" folder showed 2 different devices, including my phone and then the SD card itself. So in order to find my photos, I went to "Devices --> Untitled --> DCIM --> Camera". I believe the Untitled device is my SD card. The other device name is "No Name" and holds everything else that's on my phone.

Hope this is helpful to someone! :)