1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where did my free space go?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jayman73, Apr 18, 2012.

1. jayman73

jayman73 Newbie

I rooted my phone a couple of months ago and have slowly been removing bloatware. Yesterday I had 30mb of free internal space, today i went to download netfix app from the market and the download failed with a error like "bad install packet or something like that" then I got the low space warning and I checked my free space and it said 2mb. So I rebooted and it went up to 9mb then to 10mb and stopped. I cleared data for some apps and it went to 19mb. The question is what happened to my free space. Is there somewhere else I should look? ther is a folder called dalvik-cache that is dated today that has alot .dex files in it and some are as big as 5mb.:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Demented755

Demented755 Android Enthusiast

1) Install Link2SD from the Play Store
    2) Back-up SD card to your computer
    3) Partition your SD card in CWM
    4) Move your files back to your SD card from your computer
    5) Link applications to your SD card

Problem solved.

3. jayman73

jayman73 Newbie

thanks for the response.
    I dont have CWM installed, where do i get it from? I did a search and all I could find was Rom Manager. And I read that this is not compatable with the admire.

4. jayman73

jayman73 Newbie

Thanks will try when I get home. Just one more question, Do I have to use one of these methods or can the partition be created in widows using mini tool or similar?

5. Demented755

Just create the partition in CWM. It's easy and will assure that your SD card can be recognized by the device. Just remember to leave the swap size at 0m, but you can make the partition as small or large as you want.

6. jayman73

jayman73 Newbie

Ok thank you.

7. jayman73

jayman73 Newbie

8. Demented755

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews