1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where did my gmail email go?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Emmi331, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Emmi331

Emmi331 Lurker

My Galaxy S8 has a feature that's a real nuisance. Sometimes I'm scrolling down the inbox of my gmail, and I guess I move my finger the wrong way, since all at once an entry in the list of emails slides off to the right of the screen and totally disappears. I've tried searching for it in archives and in trash, with no luck. Where do these things go when this happens - an Android black hole? Is there a way to retrieve this? Many thanks.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would check online on your computer and see if you can still see those emails. not sure exactly what you did. maybe they got moved to a different label.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Open up the gmail app and click on the menu (three bars in the upper left) from there scroll all the way tot he bottom and choose settings. Select general settings and there you should see swipe actions. You can change what a left and right swipe do so your emails won't disappear in the future.

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Once you find the settings that @lunatic59 is talking about, be sure to take note of the present setting before changing it.

That way you can locate where your previous e-mails are, so that you can read them.

As far as I know, 'Archive' is the default swipe action.

So it is likely that your e-mails have been achived, and can be retrieved.

Then, you can change the setting(s) that you like, even disabling the swipe feature altogether.

Hadron, olbriar, ocnbrze and 2 others like this.

Galaxy S8 Forum

The Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews