• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where Did Photosphere Go?

Mredjay0

Oct 14, 2015
OK. I thought that I was going crazy recently. Originally I was able to use Google Camera and use panorama and photosphere. Well, once I got my replacement phone from ZTE, I had 5.0 installed and no photosphere or panorama.

The message I get is that the phone has no gyroscope. OK, so I figure something is a miss. I called ZTE and they tell me there is no gyroscope in the phone.

What gives? I know I'm not crazy! Even looking in my Google Photo backups from my first phone I can read the details and it clearly says that it was taken with a Z987. I've got another 360 panorama that also states it was taken with a z987.

There are also quite a few reviews of the phone that state it has a gyroscope.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/zte-grand-x-max-2266-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-3-1019

Is it possible that the first version of the phone had a gyro, and they made a second that didn't? If so that's pretty jacked up.

Attachments

• IMG_20160720_004442.jpg
    IMG_20160720_004442.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 96
OK. I thought that I was going crazy recently. Originally I was able to use Google Camera and use panorama and photosphere. Well, once I got my replacement phone from ZTE, I had 5.0 installed and no photosphere or panorama.

The message I get is that the phone has no gyroscope. OK, so I figure something is a miss. I called ZTE and they tell me there is no gyroscope in the phone.

What gives? I know I'm not crazy! Even looking in my Google Photo backups from my first phone I can read the details and it clearly says that it was taken with a Z987. I've got another 360 panorama that also states it was taken with a z987.

There are also quite a few reviews of the phone that state it has a gyroscope.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/zte-grand-x-max-2266-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-3-1019

Is it possible that the first version of the phone had a gyro, and they made a second that didn't? If so that's pretty jacked up.
Install and open cpu-z. It'll tell you if your phone really has one or not. Look in the sensors tab.

e38165519c7f9a8b12628b94f8fed243.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes, I know how to check the specs and such, But what i'm confused about is how I was able to take 360 Photospheres one day, and then I'm not allowed to do Panorama's or 360's the next. I've tried multiple old versions of Google Camera and none of them seem to work. I just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue, or even if someone had a version that worked.

Upvote 0
Yes, I know how to check the specs and such, But what i'm confused about is how I was able to take 360 Photospheres one day, and then I'm not allowed to do Panorama's or 360's the next. I've tried multiple old versions of Google Camera and none of them seem to work. I just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue, or even if someone had a version that worked.
I was saying that is how you can confirm or refute what the people have said about the xmax+ not having a gyroscope. The screenshot I sent was of a different device. I have the zmax and the zmax pro. I don't have a grand x max +.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones