• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where did the dialer application go ?

A

Ahmed Mestiri

3 Days ago I rooted my phone and accidently I uninstalled the default Dialer from my android because I thought the other ones work without it. But after that I noticed that each time I can't know who is calling me.
So I've unrooted my phone then did a factory reset. After that, I've found the default ''Phone'' application in Settings -> Storage -> Apps But I didn't find it in ''Desktop'' or even in ''All apps''.
Can someone help me? My phone is really new and I need help.

Thanks in advance

You might be able to, however the other phone would definitely have to be rooted to get at the required file, like yours was. You'd probably have to use Titanium Backup.

I know where you can find Chinese version firmware for it, but that's probably not what you want.
http://www.romjd.com/
Problem is really Lenovo doesn't readily make their firmware available for end-users.

Upvote 0
Is actually installing a custom ROM will get it back? Because the ROM that I have is a 4.4.4 android version. And in the same time I wan't to upgrade my phone from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4.

however the other phone would definitely have to be rooted to get at the required file, like yours was. You'd probably have to use Titanium Backup.
I can root his phone really easily and with one click, using Kingroot.
Then after rooting, what would I do?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The big problem with adb is getting the drivers for your computer. Luckily I use Linux and it wasn't a problem for me. Once you have adb and the adb drivers and if you have the dialer apk, then just connect your phone to your computer and do:

adb install dialer.apk

or whatever the dialer apk is called. If you don't have the apk and you deleted only one file, you can use "adb push" to push the file onto the system partition, but you must make the system partition read/write first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones