• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where did the s note Templates go!?

My last note was the note 7. It was the best phone I ever had and they had to shut my service down to make me stop using it .
Had the 2 and 3 before it.
Anywho, this s note app seems to be really bare bones compared to the older versions.
I haven't found a single template for the notes yet. This version didn't even sport the coloured notebooks that hold the individual groups of note topics. Has anyone got any good news for me on this?hopefully I'm just doing something wrong . I have searched to the best of my ability and had no luck. I'm no techno wiz don't hack my phone to run high speed stuff out of my league. I just use this phone as my mobile office. Thank you for any help
I miss the hard home button btw.

My last note was the note 7. It was the best phone I ever had and they had to shut my service down to make me stop using it .
<br> Had the 2 and 3 before it.
<br> Anywho, this s note app seems to be really bare bones compared to the older versions.

<br> I haven't found a single template for the notes yet. This version didn't even sport the coloured notebooks that hold the individual groups of note topics. Has anyone got any good news for me on this?hopefully I'm just doing something wrong . I have searched to the best of my ability and had no luck. I'm no techno wiz don't hack my phone to run high speed stuff out of my league. I just use this phone as my mobile office. Thank you for any help
<br> I miss the hard home button btw.

Yes we have the note pad. That's was you're referring to?

Reactions: Jason Duggan
Upvote 0
Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Huh? What? The video link is dead!

EDIT: Never mind - got it in YouTube. Freaking awesome! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/j5dcLgqFrpI

And it works awesome! I am so happy! WOO HOO...

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-09-09-16-02-25.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-09-09-16-02-25.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I should've mentioned that.
In the link to the video posted in an earlier thread there is no way to see the video comments where the author posted all the needed links.
If you search in YouTube for "Samsung note action memo" it should be the very first video. Go to the comments section. Make sure you go into settings and allow the phone to download the non Samsung/ play store apps then click on each link and download it, 4 total. After all are downloaded open them and click install but do not click open. Once all are installed go to your app tray, look at your last page and you'll see what you've been waiting for. You can click on the s note tab and it will now run.
That's how I did mine anyway. Just wanted to add these simple instructions because being very limited in android knowledge it took me a while to figure out how to do this. It's not discussed in the video and the instructions on the download links seemed to be unclear to me.
Maybe one of you guys who is more experienced and more articulate can make a how- to video on this for the others who will want this and have only basic skills like myself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170909-185100.jpg
    Screenshot_20170909-185100.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 485
Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
That's a really good question. I tried both default app settings and the settings in S Note, but I can't find a way to set it up as default.

However, if you have Samsung Notes and S Note tied to the same Samsung account and have them set up to sync with or without Wi-Fi (depending on how much your data allowance is), then you should be able to create a Note in Samsung Notes and see it listed later in S Notes. I haven't tested that theory yet.

Upvote 0
The only fix I've really found to this is to add S Notes as an S Pen shortcut, open it and create a new note. That means if you write a screen-off memo you'll have to find it in Samsung Notes... but until someone figures out a way to bridge the two, that's the options we have.

Yeah, this just confirms what I thought too. Unfortunate that we just can't choose full functionality of one or the other.

Upvote 0
Had the 2 and 3 before it.
Anywho, this s note app seems to be really bare bones compared to the older versions.
I haven't found a single template for the notes yet. This version didn't even sport the coloured notebooks that hold the individual groups of note topics. Has anyone got any good news for me on this?hopefully I'm just doing something wrong . I have searched to the best of my ability and had no luck. I'm no techno wiz don't hack my phone to run high speed stuff out of my league. I just use this phone as my mobile office. Thank you for any help
I miss the hard home button btw.

And yesss. I also had NOTE 7 which was compatible with S NOTE APP.

Yes I should've mentioned that.
In the link to the video posted in an earlier thread there is no way to see the video comments where the author posted all the needed links.
If you search in YouTube for "Samsung note action memo" it should be the very first video. Go to the comments section. Make sure you go into settings and allow the phone to download the non Samsung/ play store apps then click on each link and download it, 4 total. After all are downloaded open them and click install but do not click open. Once all are installed go to your app tray, look at your last page and you'll see what you've been waiting for. You can click on the s note tab and it will now run.
That's how I did mine anyway. Just wanted to add these simple instructions because being very limited in android knowledge it took me a while to figure out how to do this. It's not discussed in the video and the instructions on the download links seemed to be unclear to me.
Maybe one of you guys who is more experienced and more articulate can make a how- to video on this for the others who will want this and have only basic skills like myself.

I appreciate the info. from utube, but I wish the app was fully integrated...not at the expense of other features.

Attachments

• tmp_11194-Screenshot_2018-04-04-12-19-53-1-755420974.png
    tmp_11194-Screenshot_2018-04-04-12-19-53-1-755420974.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones