1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where did the widgets go

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TriciaH, Sep 21, 2018.

1. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

My phone, LG20 on Verizon, got Oreo this afternoon. Once I finally got the right home screen back, I can not find where to access widgets. There is an "app drawer" but it includes only apps and no widgets. I wound up using "home with separate apps list" as that was the only option that restored the screens the way I had them set up. Anyone find the widgets? I sure would love to know how to access them.

Have not noticed a big difference since the update. Can't judge battery life yet. You can hide or show the buttons on the bottom. Changed a few of the icons. Once I found the home screen that restored my stuff I was much less upset lol.

2. n0tall0wed

n0tall0wed Android Enthusiast

hold down on the home screen, should see option to change wallpaper or add a widget

Dannydet likes this.
  3. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

I found that long press the icon and a little menu pops up with info and widget options. Choose widget and another screen opens. Liked the old way much better.
    I do not get those two options when I hold down on the home screen. I get a smaller screen with all the icons with red X's in the corners and an up arrow.

I found a site with a change log put out by Verizon.

4. today

today Android Expert

After I long press an open space on a screen the widgets option shows lower left.

5. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Congrats on restoring your home screen ;)

6. TriciaH

TriciaH Member

Ok yes! I see the widgets now in the lower left of the screen. Thank you!
    Charged phone before going to bed last night, took it off the charger at 11 PM at 100%. It was at 96% at 9 this morning when I got up. So far I don't think my battery life took a hit.

LG V20 Forum

The LG V20 release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews