1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Where do "files" sit on my Xoom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by osubux1, Jun 5, 2011.

1. osubux1

osubux1 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    I've just started doing some xfring of files from my laptop to my Xoom (mp4's mostly). But also will want to move over music, docs, etc. I moved a movie over yesterday. I can use RockPlayer to open and play the movie (and it is gorgeous by the way)... but want to know how to move it back off of the Xoom to my laptop.

In essence, is there a file directory somewhere to see my "files" and then somehow move it off of Xoom and on to my laptop?

Or maybe it's a matter of just hooking it up to the laptop, the laptop read the Xoom as a hard drive, grab to movie from the Xoom hard drive, and back to the laptop. ???

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    When you plug in an Android device to a PC and mount it as storage, you can manage files as if it were any removable storage. Once you disconnect the device from the PC and remount that partition/SD card (or whatever configuration you're using) Android will scan it for media and make those files available to the apps.

You can put the files anywhere you like, but if you put them all over the place, you will get disorganized very quickly.

osubux1 likes this.
  3. osubux1

osubux1 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    Thanks. But I'm not clear on what you mean by storing files all over the place. When I moved a m4v file from my laptop over to my Xoom, I have no idea where it stored it on the Xoom. All I know is that I can open/play the m4v file using RockPlayer (or some other media player). I don't know where/how to store files on my Xoom to even keep them organized.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Okay, we can start with the basics. First tell me exactly how you moved those files to the Xoom and I can let you know where they are.