• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where do I download ADB?

To make sure I get the most up to date one, can someone provide the link to download ADB.

Is this the correct download link Android SDK | Android Developers ?

Then just choose whatever platform I am running? Or is the SDK not the same thing....

Yep, you have the correct link.

After you install the SDK, the adb utility is in the tools directory of the SDK.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck.

P.S. you don't have to install the other stuff like Eclipse unless you are going to be developing apps via the IDE. If you just want use the adb utility, you can just install the base SDK and start using adb.

Upvote 0
I am rooted already, I am interested in the Overclock---and it seems like the easiest method is through ADB.

Alldroid has a good tutorial on setting up ADB, so hopefully that works out. I will post back here if I have any issues. THanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

Cool, ADB can be tricky if you have never worked with it..well it was for me. Good luck!

Reactions: bosox2k1
Upvote 0
Yep, you have the correct link.

After you install the SDK, the adb utility is in the tools directory of the SDK.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck.

P.S. you don't have to install the other stuff like Eclipse unless you are going to be developing apps via the IDE. If you just want use the adb utility, you can just install the base SDK and start using adb.

Ok, I can't figure out that other forum's tutorial. The directions he gives are nowhere what I am experiencing.

I downloaded the SDK and the tools folder is opened, but after that---I don't know what to do. My phone is plugged in, USB debugging and in Mass storage mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones