1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where do I find my saved app passwords?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by connor99z, Jun 5, 2020.

1. connor99z

connor99z Lurker

So I have my thumbprint activated on the side button, and it has passwords saved for apps such as snapchat, instagram etc so I don’t have to type the passwords in every time,

I need to find out what my password is as I have forgotten it but where do I go to access all my saved passwords? I tried going onto the chrome app and then passwords but only 3 things are listed for saved passwords and they are only websites?

where in settings would I need to go, smart lock? Biometrics?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Dannydet and mikedt like this.
  3. connor99z

connor99z Lurker

I already said I have tried that and it only shows 4 websites none of which I need such as snapchat and Instagram, would smart lock not work? Going into settings > google > google account > security and then saved passwords? Do you have this?...

4. muddlemand

muddlemand Member

I don't use Google for this, but most password managers encrypt the passwords so no one can see them without logging in with a master password, or otherwise proving they have a right to access the info. Someone else will know better about the default Google way of doing it.

5. muddlemand

muddlemand Member

... An idea: it works in my browser (in Windows) but I've never found out on my phone: an app or browser extension to "show passwords", so that when it's been automatically filled in, you could read it...? Again, others will know about doing this on the phone, I've never searched for show-password type apps.

6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert