1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Where do I post this Q abt USB conectors for external keyboards and mice?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Moses614, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Moses614

Moses614 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    I just wasn't sure as to where to to post this since there is an accessories forum, but this is more of a hardware thing whichhas nthing to do with which waterproof cases can withstand being run over by a bus and leave your phone intact.

The other thing is that this question is one which aplies to just about ALL tabs out there, yet there is no general tab forum. If there is or someone knows where I could specifically put this question, please let me know.

Okay, so I have a tab with a 7 inch screen as my only computer. It, like all tabs, has only one USB port. With the use of a cheap-on-Ebay micro male to standard USB female adapter, I can hook up either a mouse or keyboard to my tab. They both work just fine when hooked up. Only thing is....they both can't be hooked up at one time because, well, only one port available. And there is no such thing as a bluetooth mouse or keyboard. Wireless, yes. Bluetooth, no, and wioreless requires that little reciver thingy to be inserted into that single USB port. Oh, and while I find the keyboard indespensible for when I have to do some writing, because you really can't do that with the virtual keyboard getting a little tedious after about five....seconds, I can only do it as long as the battery holds out. Becuause the keyboard is occupying that USB port and the charger is not.

So can anyone here recommend a splitter maybe that would help? One that is micro-female to dual-micro male or microf female to dual-standard female? Has anyone else had this problem or conquered it, more to the point? Please don't guess, or provide a lot of "should work"s. I'm looking for verified hard info before I spend my money on a remedy.

Thanks, be well..

Jeff

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    And you can make (I don't know if you can buy. but seeing what the Chinese have come out with, you probably can) an OTG cable with a male cable to plug into a charger to charge the phone while you're using the keyboard. (One of these days I'm going to hook a powered USB hub to my phone and see if I can run a USB mouse and keyboard at the same time. Or has someone already tried?)