• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where do I put pdf file and how do I read them?

Ok I am new to this. I have some documents on pdf and I would like to put them in my phone and read them.

How do I go about it and do I need to download anything extra.

I tried to put the pdf file in the "image" folder but it does not show up on the phone.

If your pdfs are on your computer, once you connect your phone to your computer via USB (you'll need the drivers installed on your computer), you can mount from your phone. A new drive should appear in your computer.

From your computer, copy the files to any place on the new drive. You can create a folder called "docs" or something descriptive if you'd like to keep files organized.

When you are ready, from your computer, do a safe remove of the new drive. Then on your phone, you pull down your notification bar and perform a USB disconnect. Then physically disconnect the USB cable.

As for the app itself, you can use Adobe Reader which is a free app on the Android Market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones