1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Where do I take my App idea?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by minibee041, May 13, 2010.

1. minibee041

minibee041 Newbie
    None

May 13, 2010
    Firefighter
    Leicester, England
    Hi, first post and hope a New thread which has not been started before. I would love to see an app that even when my N1 is in silent mode I can allow certain numbers to be allowed to audibly alert me (ringtone). I work nights and have a young family at home, if the wife needs me urgently, but my phone is on silent, I would like her to be able to contact me but the phone remain on silent to all other people. Is this already possible? Is there a place I can leave my idea for developers?

BTW how excited am I about the upcoming release of Froyo. Open source development like Android is far superior to constarined Apple slave developers. I picked the N1 over the Desire as I can't wait to gloat over each latest update! Cheers and hello to all. :D

Advertisement

2. smitty24

smitty24 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2009
    Florida
  3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    minibee041 likes this.
  4. minibee041

minibee041 Newbie
    None

May 13, 2010
    Firefighter
    Leicester, England
    Cheers Roze I have put my post in your suggested thread. I find searching on Market tedious sometimes as you have to be rather specific! Will keep looking though.

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Same :( The search engine on the Market is not that great :/ You need to put the app's name or words from the app's name if you want to find it.

Try to see if these are applicable to you:

http://androidforums.com/android-ap...et-change-profiles-silent-vibrate-ringer.html

Android App Review: Locale - AndroidApps.com

http://androidforums.com/application-announcements/70341-chronos-change-settings-automatically.html

http://androidforums.com/android-ap...-change-settings-based-wifi-phone-number.html

Hope you find what you're looking for :)

6. talksinmaths

talksinmaths Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2008
    I have tasker do exactly that for me. Works great. Well not for when your wife calls, but similar things I guess.

Tasker for Android

7. cgp1

cgp1 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    Make a silent Mp3 ringtone. Set as main ringtone. Give your wife or whoever you need to answer calls from a custom ringtone. With phone set to ring and vibrate you will still know when others are calling you but phone will be silent.

8. minibee041

minibee041 Newbie
    None

May 13, 2010
    Firefighter
    Leicester, England
    I searched for ages and found two apps on Market. One looked good but when I downloaded it i found I could not open it - Ring Manager. The second one seems good though - Emergency Calls. It does what I require except it has to be persistent calls which you can set how many calls (I've set it at after three calls). Still not perfect but good enough.

Tags: