1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Where Do They Go

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kithikor, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Kithikor

Kithikor Newbie
    None

Aug 27, 2012
    Hello.
    My 32gb* SD card just died yesterday. Phone keeps saying that the SD card needs to be inserted. Worried about my photos, I put a 2gb card in and was able to restore my photos using My Backup Pro. I pulled the new card out but my ringtones, notifications, and images for screen lock are still there. So, my question, where do pictures, music, and what not, get installed to?

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Pictures and music get stored to where you instruct them to get stored.
    In other words, you can choose the path to which they get stored when installed...on the internal sd card or the external.
    In your camera settings, you should be able to choose where the pix are stored.
    When you download your music, you also should have a choice.

You have you pix recovered? That's a relief eh? :)

When you put your sd card in your computer (with a card reader) can you view the contents?
    If not, you may have to reformat the card.

I have had the issue you had also. Sometimes I lose things but if I have something on the external sd, I make sure I save it on the computer also just in case. ;)

Also, a good idea is to have your pix auto uploaded to the cloud to something like photobucket......take a pic and it auto uploads. A real saver for pix in case your sd card acts wonky:)