1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where do we go now that dInc2 is EOL?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Apr 20, 2012.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Im glad to see it pulled from inventory, its a great phone but its really yesteryears technology.

What i WANT is that facking HTC One X .. but thats not happening.

Can the dInc3 compete it tomorrows competition?

What are you thinking?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

And why did you start a new thread instead of using the existing one??

3. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

i just scrolled the first page and dont see a thread like this?

maybe you meant this one:
    http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-2/534875-incredible-2-end-lifed.html

my question is less about it being EOL'd and more about whats happening next

or maybe they're the same, i guess?

Thanks

EDIT, nvm i see another thread that does match this one "Whats the next big phone for verizon" or something along those lines.

4. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert

Hey rsarno, what up?

5. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast

Outside of the desire to own the newest, state-of-the-art device, what is the big deal? Outside of 4G, which is still not a reality in many places, what can the newest phones do that the DInc2 can't? I know people are who are still using the original Incredibles (the original), and are in no rush to upgrade.

I'm very happy with my Incredible2. Hopefully, when I'm due for an upgrade next year, Android technology will have advanced to the point that all phones will have the efficiency of the Razr Max (which, from what I'm reading, is the only 4G phone with decent battery life). To me, that's the biggest issue with smartphones.

TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  6. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Android Enthusiast

FWIW, I walked into a VZW store and said "I need a phone that does GSM when I go to Europe. With DINC2 on life support, now what?" The bad news is that right now one either buys a DINC2 from on-hand stock or one waits for the GSM-capable HTC Rezound or Droid 4 - no release date given. :dontknow:

7. jrmckins

jrmckins Android Expert

My dinc2 has been very buggy but that's the SW, not the phone. It also can't handle the load I put on it. Using the navigation, talking on the phone and getting an email simply kills this phone. I hope a dual core will help. 4G will be awesome (it's solid where I live and travel)

8. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

That is unfortunate. I don't know if you are rooted and can overclock, but I have run Nav, Pandora, and gotten emails at the same time without a problem. I can't say I remember doing it when I wasn't O/C'd since I have almost always been.

Maybe it's the fact that you can't run the 3g network for data while being on a call.
    Will we be able to do that on 4g, or is it a phone specific thing?

9. jrmckins

jrmckins Android Expert

I don't recall these issues with my original dinc. They could have been there though.

Oh, the sound has gone to hell too. I think the speaker might be blown. I can hear the people on the phone but it's bad quality. I also frequently hear complaints that I sound muffled.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews