• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where do you see Android in 10 years?

sfbloodbrother

Extreme Android User
Jul 30, 2012
Chicago IL
In 10 years, where do you see the Android operating system to be at? do you think it will be on desktop and laptop computers, or do you think it will take to smartphones and tablets. or do you think it will move to new or devices like Google glass or even a smart house? How powerful do you think Android can actually see? where do you see the operating system running?
My last question is do you sync Android will last your lifetime? meaning do you think you will be using Android possibly, for the rest of your life, as more and more updates come to the operating system and all of its the wife. I'm using Android talk to text so I probably have a lot of errors. but typing sucks I'd rather talk to my tablet, it may be weird but I am doing it because its faster really faster holy crap this is going really fast is going at basically the same speed on I'm talking and wow really really fast. really, okay I'm done.

where do you see Android in 10 years?

moved this to the android lounge.

10 years from now? well when key lime pie gets released later this year(?) in 10 years we should be at u(upside down cake?:D)

i can't even envision what it would be like to be honest with you....i think the next big thing for android would be smartwatches. some are already out, but expect it to boom when apple releases its own iwatch brand.

Upvote 0

10 years from now? well when key lime pie gets released later this year(?) in 10 years we should be at u(upside down cake?:D)

i can't even envision what it would be like to be honest with you....i think the next big thing for android would be smartwatches. some are already out, but expect it to boom when apple releases its own iwatch brand.

I think that's a great with the concept of wearable technology. with Google glass coming out simplify everything that we do on a day to day basis with our smartphones. just today I wanted to make a phone call with my tablet because I don't have a regular phone and I lost my headphones so I had to look for them. it took me 15 minutes to actually find them, but I just thought it would be simpler if I can just tap the side of my classes say okay glass call someone so and be in a phone conversation with the person I want to talk to. that's where are the really really wants to see technology go. I want to see it Android simplify everything we do. I really want to see an Android powered smart house and smart cars and especially wearable technology. but one dessert at a time, I wonder what's for dessert starts with the letter L.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
lemon meringue?

there was a thread about this......let me see if i can find it.

edit: not exactly the one i was thinking of, but it works:
http://androidforums.com/forum-games/84307-lets-do-android-alphabet.html

edit#2: this is the one i was thinking about:
http://androidforums.com/lounge/613989-what-do-you-think-android-google-will-call-their-next-os.html

I wonder what they're going to do when they all run out of desserts to name just like apples did that with all the cats.

Upvote 0

My guess was double-fudge brownie, but I have been wrong before.

In 10 years, Android will be everywhere Google wants it to be. If it needs an OS, Android will be there.

Or . . .

Gone because two guys in a garage developed a better mousetrap.

Reactions: Stannis the Mannis
Upvote 0
All smartphones (at least Android);) will be waterproof and be made of a flexible casing, and less prone to breaking when dropped or sat on.
As far as the Android OS itself, it will be programmed into our TV's, stereos, and refrigerators, and probably wired into our homes in countless ways (for those with state of the art money).
Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?:p

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
All smartphones (at least Android);) will be waterproof and be made of a flexible casing, and less prone to breaking when dropped or sat on.
As far as the Android OS itself, it will be programmed into our TV's, stereos, and refrigerators, and probably wired into our homes in countless ways (for those with state of the art money).

I would like that to have it in all things in my life. Samsung is already working on a smart android powered house.

Upvote 0

Think that's already happened. Seems every TV I see in the stores now has Android on it. Android seems to be becoming the standard embedded OS for quite a few things now, cable boxes, satellite boxes, automotive entertainment systems, karaoke machines.

Don't know about smart fridge-freezers though. That one has being promised and predicted for a very long time, that automatically orders milk, beer, cola, meat, etc. before you run out. Still not happened.

DODGA of Guangdong will sell you an intelligent toilet...and that's available now...and not in ten years time. :D
Ceramic Sanitary Ware Smart Toilet Intelligent Toilet - Buy Intelligent Toilet,Sanitary Ware Intelligent Toilet,Ceramic Intelligent Toilet Product on Alibaba.com

...don't think it's Android...such a shame...but in ten years time we will have the Android powered crapper.

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
Asked to describe my ultimate gadget over 25 years ago (yes I'm really old) I completely envisioned a tablet as being perfect for me. It came much later than I thought, but on the other hand, its much better to as I was pining for a tablet pre-goole days.
For me, the choice of going with android had only one confusion- why were people talking about it? Surely there is little cross over in the markets - which OS you want for your life is clear. It stands to reason then that customer needs will push evolution. Many, like me, will feel happy with what they have for many years and be reluctant to spend huge amounts of money on upgrading to something else which comes on the market. This will also be true of older users who often prefer to spend a lot on getting the right model and keeping it for ages.

Thus innovation will be driven more by teenagers, not yet heavily invested in their dream item, and having different needs each year.
Personally I would hate Google glasses, but as I teacher I can say young teens are excited about the idea. So as soon as they come in to price range....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones