1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where exactly do contacts sync to?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vtec, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Vtec

Vtec Member

Yesterday I was playing around in the contacts section of the phone and I synced it to my google account or at least it said it did (uploaded and stuff) but today Im on my pc and on google and Im not finding them. Where exactly would I need to look to find this info?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Should be Gmail contacts

3. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

I believe it syncs with google servers so thats where they are saved

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

You'll need to check to see if your contacts are Google contacts before they'll sync to the cloud.

Were they transferred from a previous phone/SIM? If yes, they most likely won't be Google contacts unfortunately and aren't backed up anywhere.

I'll link you to the process for converting to Google contacts when I can get to a PC. :)

Vtec likes this.
  5. Vtec

Vtec Member

thanks I appreciate the help

6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

The above worked on Gingerbread and Sense 2.x. The only part of the process which might be slightly different is steps 1 to 6. I'm not using the Stock ROM at the moment, and I know the process is slightly different on the ROM I'm currently using so I can't re-write for you. :eek:

Vtec likes this.
  7. Vtec

Vtec Member

Very cool, I didnt even have to hook it up to pc. I emailed the file to myself and gmail recognizes it and you can add it from there.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews