1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Where in the System Files are the sounds stored?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PeaceOfMind313, Sep 15, 2011.

1. PeaceOfMind313

None

Sep 15, 2011
    I have a bunch of custum sounds that I have replaced using root explorer.. But what I cant figure out is the Keypress buttons.. theres a few different ones which Ive replaced but havent heard them be used anywhere in the phone..I thought they would replace the sound of the Key press when texting...But its still that same dumb bleep.. Ive gone through tons of folders in the system looking for .ogg files and waves and listening to them.. And havent found the one that sounds like the text sound..Does anyone out there know where its located in the system..

Ooh.Im running Samsung Admire SCH-r720 2.3.4

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Eggwardo

Eggwardo Newbie
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    Industrial Engineer
    any luck figuring this out? I hate the keypress sound on my fascinate. I just rerooted so i'm ready to change the sound to something more subtle.

3. SpawnHyuuga

SpawnHyuuga Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    United States
    In my experience on 2.3.6 Admire, all of the System Sounds are in 'system/media/audio/ui:'

Since one of the KeypressXXXX.ogg files are the ones your looking for, after close listening to the keyboard sound I believe you may want to try replacing TWTouch.ogg, or even just turn off the audio-touch settings in the Keyboards menu.

Eggwardo likes this.
  4. Eggwardo

Eggwardo Newbie
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    Industrial Engineer
    Thanks Spawn, those are the files.
    But something weird, but awesome, happened.

I tried to copy the "KeypressStandard" sound so i could rename it to the "TW_Touch" but it wouldn't copy.
    So i just renamed the "TW_Touch" to "TW_TouchO" and "KeypressStandard" to "TW_Touch". Once i restarted my phone all of the "sytem" sounds including the keyboard were the new sound. But here's the weird part. The backspace and spacebar keys now make their own, different sounds. (KeypressDel and KeypressSpace i think). Odd that somehow android knew what sound i was using even though i renamed it. I guess it's linked with some sort of metadata but i really don't know.