• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is all my credit going?

My first thought would be that the phone has some widget running or background application using the data, things like news, weather, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc. The Gmail app polls Google in the background checking for email, that will use data, don't quite know how much though.

Myself, I turn the 3G data off anyway and use wifi when available. Then turn it on when I actually need it. I don't have to know the instant a new email comes in, they can wait.

If you're supposed to be getting 400 free texts a month, but you're being charged for them, you'd better check that with your carrier. If you think that an app is sending texts, you can check for that in the app's permissions.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones