• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is everybody?

GaryS1964

Dec 9, 2010
I admit I don't check this forum but about every three or four weeks on average but it seems the last time I was here this forum was a lot more active. There were a couple of threads about ICS and the Captivate not getting it. Now nothing. Everybody upgrading to new phones?

Now that I have my beloved SIII, I have put my (unlocked/gingerbread) Cappy on kijiji. it is in great shape so I listed it at $180.

So far I have had 4 offers to buy it (since Friday) and if I did not love 30 miles from that town I would have sold it by now. So the next time I go there, I will message them back to see if they are still interested.

I am actually sad to see her go, she is still the sexiest phone I have seen, even better looking than the SIII IMO. But I am really enjoying the SIII so far despite the size (I find it rather large).

Upvote 0
Now that I have my beloved SIII, I have put my (unlocked/gingerbread) Cappy on kijiji. it is in great shape so I listed it at $180.

So far I have had 4 offers to buy it (since Friday) and if I did not love 30 miles from that town I would have sold it by now. So the next time I go there, I will message them back to see if they are still interested.

I am actually sad to see her go, she is still the sexiest phone I have seen, even better looking than the SIII IMO. But I am really enjoying the SIII so far despite the size (I find it rather large).

I agree that the Captivate is the best looking phone I've seen still to this day.

Upvote 0
I agree that the Captivate is the best looking phone I've seen still to this day.

Sadly she is gone :( But I did have someone drive an hour to pick it up for $150

Sadder yet was even though he owned a SG already, his was the rounded style, not the square corners like this:

galaxy-s-captivate.jpg

His screen was cracked and he could probably not care less about the phone itself. He did not even know what gingerbread was :(

He did not even ask to see my SIII LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones