1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where is Flash?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by idoc1992, Feb 22, 2011.

1. idoc1992

idoc1992 Lurker

Any ideas where I would look to find whether Flash is installed on the phone or not? thanks

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert

idoc1992 likes this.
  3. idoc1992

idoc1992 Lurker

thanks, well it is not installed as I couldn't open any flash items. Adobe took me to the market which is where it warns not to use on Tegra 2 devices. I guess I will be calling ATT and/or Motorola tech support.

4. jroc

jroc Android Expert

If its like my Droid X, go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/ then click on All at the top.

Or like the post above said, try some sites that need Flash to work. The Kongregate app needs full Flash so you could try that too.

5. idoc1992

idoc1992 Lurker

Yep, I already checked in there and no Flash Player. I guess I am going to have to try a factory reset

6. colnago

colnago Android Expert

Yeah it sux that I can log into my xm online account, open the "Flash-based" radio player, but the controls do not load, nor does the music play. I get xm online for free, and I am already paying for (3) radios. I would rather not have to pay for another account just to listen via an Android device.

7. ECdOc

ECdOc Member

Anyone install this yet? I downloaded it but I gotta root to install it since its not a market app. I'll prob be doing that tonight.

8. rad204

rad204 Newbie

havent tried yet, would love to hear how it works

9. youareme7

youareme7 Well-Known Member

I Installed the flash version linked above and it does appear to work. I loaded tbs.com - TV Shows - Television Shows - very funny without issue (it was a little slow, but that may have been my data connection) I also played some games on kongregate arcade and they worked as well.

10. colnago

colnago Android Expert

FWIW, I went to store to check out the Atrix (cut short by call from work) but I also tried TBS.com. Website loaded correctly and video played however it was via AT&T's wifi "hotspot" (no SIM was installed). Videos seemed to continue playing while I switched to the "phonetop" and then back to the browser. My Motorola Defy is not able to play the videos, as it only has Android 2.1 and "Flash lite" (For those looking to confirm Flash installation).

11. DT

DT Android Expert

Is he still on the planet Mongo?

12. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

So I am confused do it or don't it? Have Flash pre-installed? I know it's supposed to have it.

13. tical2k

tical2k Member

14. DT

DT Android Expert

It definitely does. I hopped on a couple of flash sites and was good to go.