• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is my apk gone?

omkar_ghaisas

Dec 20, 2010
I installed an apk from Android market and used that application for few days. After that, I uninstalled the app from my phone (Samsung Galaxy SL GT-I9003). Now I don't see the apk anywhere on my phone. Does uninstllation also delete the downloaded apk file ?

If I need to re-install that app, do I have to go to market again and download it again ?

Pls suggest.

Thanks
Omkar

Uninstaling an app means complete removal, you have to reinstall it from the Market.

You can of course save the apk after installing from the MArket and keep it for the future, but it also may mean no updates etc., if you install it from SD card later.

Ok understood, but then where does the .apk file actually get saved when downloaded and installed from http://market.android.com ?

Pls suggest the location (folder) which I can backup for these .apk files.

Thanks
Omkar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones