1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

where is my data going?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Soundteq, May 5, 2012.

1. Soundteq

Soundteq Member
    None

May 1, 2012
    So I've rooted my phone and added CM7. Sine then I have noticed a huge spike in data usage. Thankfully I have wifi because I'm on limited data plan.

in about 3 days it has used a little over 1gb. I have pretty much the same apps as before so I have a hard time believing it's an apps fault but who knows?

I'd estimate I've used around 500mb myself redownloading apps and game roms. so what is causing the rest of my data usage?

Advertisement

2. james515

james515 Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2011
    Communications
    Houston
    it could be all the background syncing. you might need to make sure all the apps are not constantly pulling data down.

try using My Data Manager from the play store, its free and will show you what apps are using data and how much...it will break it down by WiFi only and cell network data

3. Soundteq

Soundteq Member
    None

May 1, 2012
    I downloaded that application and have been paying attention to what uses what

I have noticed that apps like opera mini and Facebook use way more data now even though I use them pretty much the same as I used to. I don't understand how things could be taking up more data now.. anybody got any ideas? I have to turn mobile data off sometimes when I'm away from Wi-Fi because it gets used so fast