1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where is my downloaded PDF file?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by metroidRoid2, Nov 7, 2020.

1. metroidRoid2

metroidRoid2 Newbie

I opened an email in Outlook. I clicked on a link to download a PDF file. I checked the download folder and it's not there. Where can it be?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Try downloading the file again, or another file using same software. Pay attention to file save path.

3. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Be sure to link it up to the pc and browse for whatever your download folder is, and then you can see it that way. Try to remember the path.

4. metroidRoid2

metroidRoid2 Newbie

I opened the email again and downloaded again. Then I can open it. But what if I want to view the PDF again in the future? I shouldn't have to go to my email and download it again just to read it. I should be able to pull it up from my phone.

Milo. I connected my phone to my laptop and did a search in Windows Explorer for a keyword in the file name. I see 3 results of the downloaded file so I'm on to something. There is a Google Chrome icon in front of each downloaded file. I right clicked and checked the properties and copied the complete file path to MS Word. I was able to find the files.

They downloaded to the following path:

Internal storage > Android > data > com.microsoft.office.outlook > files

When I go to the path above, the files have the Google Chrome icon. The file type is showing as Chrome HTML Document, instead of PDF. I think this might have something to do with where these PDF files are downloading to.

Do you have any idea how I can change my phone settings so that when I download files, they will go to the download folder?

Also, thank you for your suggestion.

#4 metroidRoid2, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  5. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

For chrome, click on the three dots, go to settings > Advance settings > Select your download by default it will go to C:/mymonsteriousdeviceasknownas comp > Downloads.

I have mine in a desktop folder.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs