1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Where is my e-mail going? Can't find any folders.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by v8monkeyboy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. v8monkeyboy

v8monkeyboy Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    How do you find the e-mail folders on the Galaxy S? (eMail, not googlemail).

If I go in to the e-mail program I can see the e-mails that have come in & I can read them, and across the top I have Inbox, Drafts & Sent items. But quite often the e-mails in my iInbox just vanish (both read & unread) - I haven't asked to delete them, I can click a button that "says move to folder", but then can't press it any more (as in I'm not given any folder options).

I can't find the deleted items, stored e-mail, or any other folders other than the three tabs across the top.

Where do I look for these? and can I create a saved e-mail folder?

Hope you can help,

Mike.

Advertisement

2. Nevy P

Nevy P Member
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    Northants UK
    It take it that you are using the Pop/Imap email application ?

I have had the problem of emails arriving and the suddenly disappearing too !!

I do not know why it happens but i expect that your email account is set up in Pop not Imap.

If this is the case delete the account and set up a new one using Imap - you will then get a complete folder directory of stored emails that can be viewed properly.

...Or use the Push E-mail it pretty much sets it up for you !!

If you are on UK Orange i can help with the settings in Pop/Imap - or get the setings from your phone company

Cheers

Nevy P