1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where is Picasa on Android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rumbataz, Sep 22, 2012.

1. rumbataz

rumbataz Guest

As Picasa is an Google app, I cannot find it on my phone or tab and it's not on Google Play.

How can I view my Picasa Web Albums on my phone and tab?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. !on

!on Android Expert

I don't use it myself but I always presumed it was integrated into the gallery app (as you can access it from the share menu in gallery). But then it is a bit weird not having an app in the app drawer, but it is in the play store.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Go to Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync>Google Account>check picasa>wait a while>go to your Gallery app>Picasa albums are there.

rumbataz likes this.
  4. dCoder

dCoder Newbie

Also, if you use the Google Plus app, you can view your Picasa pictures there.

5. It IS available in the Play Store. So if you cannot find it in the Play Store when you query it from your device Picasa apparently is not available for that particular device.

6. rumbataz

rumbataz Guest

Really? I searched the Google Play store from my desktop PC and couldn't find any app made by Google called Picasa. I did find several third-party apps though - is that what you are referring to?

7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It comes preinstalled on my HTC device.

I only know because its annoying to uninstall it all the time

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. No. The app is free, called 'Picasa Mobile' (so it's in fact a 'Picasa Lite'), and links to your regular Picasa account (if you have one).
    It is perfectly visible from my MacBook Pro and my iMac (and my SGNote).

9. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Not if its an HTC exclusive app.

11. If it comes preinstalled and you have to "uninstall it all the time" then why do you still bother to even try? It obviously won't uninstall unless you root your device (which I don't automatically recommend you do!).

12. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

Yikes Alvarez, he's running Titanium Backup so he's obviously rooted.

13. If he's "obviously rooted" then why don't uninstalled apps stay uninstalled on that phone?

14. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It was Rxpert who posted a screenshot with Titanium, not rumbataz (OP).

Though on some devices you need more than just root before you can uninstall system apps while running android (if a rooted HTC is S-On then uninstall will still fail).

15. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Each time you flash or update a stock based ROM it will be back because the app is included in the ROM.

Oh well, running jellybean aosp on cm10 now so no more issues with it
    I don't believe that's true. At least not in HTC devices I've had experience with.

16. That's news to me (but doesn't really surprise me TBH).
    However, Picasa doesn't strike me as a "system app". So if it indeed isn't one it should be perfectly

17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

bberryhill0 likes this.