• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is Proximity Sensor on ZTE Valet Z665C?

Joe4

Lurker
Oct 20, 2015
I am having problems with my ZTR Valet Z665C phone, in that I cannot hang it up after receiving a call. The screen goes black, and never comes back, and if I hit the power button, it only flashes momentarily, not long enough to hang up the phone.

This seems to be a common problem. I have found some threads here and elsewhere on it, but no good solutions. Some from 2013 mention an app ZTE put out that was supposed to fix/calibrate the proximity sensor, but that app no longer appears to be available (why did they remove it?). I see some other apps out there, like "Proximity Fix" from rognaas, but the reviews seem to suggest that it will not work with this phone.

I have seen some posts mention the possibility of screen protector or cell phone cases may be obstructing the proximity sensor. However, I have scoured the internet, and cannot find anything that mentions exactly where the proximity sensor is located on this phone.

If no one has a solution to this problem, can someone at least let me know where the proximity sensor is on my phone?

Thanks

The sensor is just below the left end of the speaker. You can see it if you use a lighted magnifying glass. My phone is a TracFone model and the sensor is just to the left of the TracFone logo. The battery/notification LED is just to the right of the logo.

I too have the flashing screen problem that the proximity sensor calibration tool apparently used to fix. I see it referenced in many posts, but it is not on the Google play store anymore. I can't find this tool anywhere.

In lieu of that, some people have suggested doing a good cleaning of the screen glass. I also saw a mention of blowing compressed air into the speaker hole to clean out any junk on the underside of the glass. I'm going to try these solutions to see if they help.

Does anyone know of another place to get this sensor calibration app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones