1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Where is the "contacts" folder?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by kinerf, May 18, 2013.

1. kinerf

kinerf Member

Jan 5, 2013
    I backed up my whole Samsung Fascinate using copy and paste on my PC. I was wondering if anybody knows where my contacts are kept in GB 2.3.5 file system, as I would like to fully restore them into my rooted Jellybean configuration. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to backup the entire, most recent iteration of my phonebook/contents when I flashed the unit last night. So somewhere on my PC is the folder that holds all my contacts. Thank you for any help. - kinerf :(

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    contacts are not kept in the SDCARD of the device. They are kept in the /data partition of the device. unless your rooted you didn't save that folder and even if you are you cannot access it from the computer you have to use a third party program like root explorer to access it and then copy it over to the SDCARD. You also would do better just syncing them with Google. A nandroid backup would help save that information as well.

Hadron and kinerf like this.
  3. kinerf

kinerf Member

Jan 5, 2013
    I will take your info and run with it ... LOL When i did my "manual" backup of my phone, it was H: on my pc. I did a "copy all" , then made a folder on my PC, then did a "paste" into that folder. I was just trying to see if one of the subfolders had my contact information instead of me having to type the ones that I hadn't "Google sync'd". I did "Titanium Backup" this latest phone configuration last night so I'm ok if i screw something up now.

BTW ... I just lost my wallpaper in Baked Blackbean 8, and it will not go set a wall paper now. Background is just solid black. Any help? Please. :(

4. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Contact the developer and tell them that the Baked Blackbean 8 ROM that you installed has lost the ability to display wallpaper.

5. kinerf

kinerf Member

Jan 5, 2013
    where is the best place to contact these guys? I went to their website and other sites, but couldn't find a "direct" link to contact them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! - kinerf

6. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Team_BAKED_ROM on Twitter

kinerf likes this.
  7. kinerf

kinerf Member

Jan 5, 2013
    joined twitter ... sent them brief description ... we'll see. Thank you for your help! - kinerf :D