• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where is the Exit command in the Navigation app? [under 'menu']

cmruff

Lurker
Aug 27, 2012
I just replaced my HTC EVO 4G with HTC 4G LTE. I have always used the Google Navigation app. It works on the new 4G LTE although I did have to reboot the phone to get GPS to lock, but only once.
My problem is that on my EVO, if I no longer needed Nav I could get a menu at the bottom by pressing the settings button at the base of the phone. The menu had an option to exit Navigation whether I'd arrived or not.
Is there an option to exit Navigation before I arrive at my destination on the 4G LTE and if so, where do I find it?
Thanks!

When I do that, the Nav icon remains on the status bar and when I open the status bar, I see that Nav is still running. Maybe this phone is different - of course, I remember the bad old days of inadvertantly leaving Nav running on my EVO and draining the battery.
Is there an exit option anywhere?

Upvote 0
there is an exit command in the menu.

see screenshot...

Attachments

• 2012-09-03 08.33.56.png
    2012-09-03 08.33.56.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
there is an exit command in the menu.

see screenshot...

To get to that menu screen - if you haven't already found it - press the three horizontal lines in the lower right corner of your screen.

In case you haven't read all the posts on this forum yet ;), the latest OTA update also gave us the option to map the recent apps button on the bottom of your phone to bring up the menu in various apps. You can read about how to set that up here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones