1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where is the Tutorial section?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by whs37, Feb 6, 2011.

1. whs37

whs37 Android Enthusiast

I am a new member here and I am quite impressed by the forum, it's members and the quality of the postings. As a "forum veteran" with over 25.000 postings on Windows forums, I am used to a Tutorial section like this one on my "home forum".
    Maybe I just missed it, but if it is not there, it would be nice if it could be added in due time. I would think that with the vast subject area that this forum covers, members would make frequent contributions.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. terse storm

terse storm Newbie

Good idea, but the forum you linked seems to be more well thought out and organized than this forum.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello, whs.

Member's contributions in device knowledge are posted in each device's Tips and Tricks sub-forum. Often there are tutorials, but most often individual items addressing known issues, etc.

Example: Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Main Forum - Samsung Fascinate - Android Forums

.. and Tips and Tricks sub-forum: Fascinate - Tips and Tricks - Android Forums

There are also rooting tutorials in each device's All Things Root sub-forum's Root Guide Sticky: http://androidforums.com/fascinate-...-2-february-2011-2-49pm-central-u-s-time.html

I've placed your question in the Suggestion Box and Feedback forum, where the admins check regularly and gather ideas, etc. [​IMG]

4. whs37

whs37 Android Enthusiast

Thank you for the answers. I realize that there is a lot of valuable information on this forum. But some central place for tutorial type of information is useful. Maybe it would suffice to have a collection of links to those posts that are of an educational nature.
    I realize that this is extra work. On the forum I linked, one Admin (who is a Microsoft MVP) spends half of his time just managing the tutorials - but he also writes a lot of tutorials himself.
    I just thought I throw that idea into the ring. But this forum is very useful - even without a tutorial section. It is just a bit more cumbersome to find the bits.

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Each phone forum here has a sticky Phone Guide of all the useful links in its forum and subforums. Members would PM us if they think a thread should be added to the sticky or the staff comes across something that is 'sticky' worthy.

Example:http://androidforums.com/samsung-fa...21-january-2011-1-00-pm-central-u-s-time.html

6. whs37

whs37 Android Enthusiast

Thank you Roze for the answer. I guess that is a good way of going about it. I realize that with the great number of devices, keeping it with the device forum is a good idea.