1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Where to buy OEM charger?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thenew3, Aug 29, 2012.

1. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    CA
    So I bought a used XYboard 8.2 and it didn't come with a charger.

I've tried using the 2A 10Watt ipod charger, a 2.1A 10 Watt 3rd party charger, 1A 5Watt charger from my S3, 1A 5Watt charger from a Razr maxx.

The results are the same, either the device doesn't charge (it says its charging but after 24 hours, still shows 0% charge), or it takes a super long time to charge (sometimes 48 to 72 hours to charge from 0% to 100%).

All of the charger shows as unapproved charger on the status bar.

So anyone know where I can find an original xyboard charger? I've checked with verzion, they seem to only have the 8 watt car charger.

None of the stores around here or online sells the original 8 watt home/travel charger that I can find.

thanks

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

You'll also want to get the 90' ADAPTER, MOTOROLA P/N SKN 6258(A). (Available on eBay & AMAZON).

It's not required, but, you find this adapter will take some of the stress off of the charging port on your XYBOARD,as the cord on the charger is quite long & therefore heavy, which in turn stresses the port.

You may want to order 2 or more, this adapter will fit any MICRO USB device where a 90' adapter is desired.

4. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    CA
  5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Yeah, sounds a bit pricey for a charger. Same price is on MOTOROLA'S website, so, if you haven't bought one already, or, found it cheaper somewhere else, I'd just get it from MOTOROLA.