• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where to download 3D movies

it is unavailable in stores till nov
So that must be when the Panasonic exclusive agreement ends. In any case, saying the poster could buy it from HTC Watch was incorrect info. The fact is right now the only way to get it is to buy a Panasonic bluray player or Panasonic tv and get it from them at that time, or buy it from someone who got it with their Panasonic bluray player or tv. Nobody is streaming it though (legally).

Upvote 0
I have quite a few full length 3D movies on my device already. In total, I have about 32 movies that I've collected weekly since I've bought the 3DVO. 7 from YT3D, 22 recent 3D motion pictures, and the rest are regular 2D movies that I just like. It helps having my 32gig class 10 micro SD card, and I still have about 6.5 gigs of free space left.

Next on the list is Thor 3D, X-Men First Class 3D, Priest 3D, and a couple of IMAX 3D movies.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I have quite a few full length 3D movies on my device already. In total, I have about 32 movies that I've collected weekly since I've bought the 3DVO. 7 from YT3D, 22 recent 3D motion pictures, and the rest are regular 2D movies that I just like. It helps having my 32gig class 10 micro SD card, and I still have about 6.5 gigs of free space left.

Next on the list is Thor 3D, X-Men First Class 3D, Priest 3D, and a couple of IMAX 3D movies.

PM me and let me know how I can acquire those player. If u don't mind.

Upvote 0
I mean real movies (like the green hornet that came with it). I want to watch them on an airplane ride to California

I just bought my phone yesterday and I don't even get the free Green Hornet movie because everytime I attempt to play it it says the promotion has expired. I am becoming discouraged about finding real 3D movies to stream. Watch has only 3 and they aren't even for rent, they are $27 a peace. I'm not paying $27 to see a movie on my phone. How dumb would that be?

Upvote 0
Not on Android devices. Why bring it up if it doesn't even work on Android devices. I believe this is the Android forum, am I right?
Because, as I said, that is the only place I know of that streams 3D movies.

Rather than take issue with me for providing information, why don't you take issue with them for not having an Android app?

Go email Vudu and tell them you want an Android app...

Upvote 0
Here is the link to Vudu's 3D section. It's the only place I know of at the moment that streams 3D movies.
VUDU - Watch Movies
As far as i know, there's is no Vudu app for Android devices yet. Has anyone tried to stream 3D movies from the stock browser het. I'd like to know if it works so I can get an account.

Upvote 0
It;s possible to watch 3D movies on the phone (provided that the source movie has a 3D version), but not without needing to do a bit of conversion work beforehand (not that difficult once you have the process down).

I believe that circumventing the copy protection of DVDs and/or blu-ray is illegal EVEN if you own it. I don't want this thread to debate that issue. For sure, this site doesn't condone the discussion of the cirvumvention of any copy protection. That said, for general conversion of 3D movies/video to the E3D:

There's a piece of software called Handbrake that is useful for converting videos to play back on the phone. For 3D videos, you need to start with a video source that is 3D (obviously) but also in a side-by-side format (aka SBS). Anaglyph 3D won't work. Well, they will display in anaglyph, which means you'd need the cyan/red glasses, which defeats the purpose of putting it on the E3D, since we want to use the AUTOstereoscopic property of the screen.

Google "Handbrake Evo 3D" for some detailed steps on how to get the most ideal conversion to the Evo 3D. Most important settings are to get the width to 960px and to constrain the aspect ratio. That will give you the best resolution for the E3D's screen.

The E3D doesn't detect 3D videos that you make yourself, but when you play the video, there's a setting that allows you to force it to show in 3D. That's what you want to use.

Upvote 0
I believe that circumventing the copy protection of DVDs and/or blu-ray is illegal EVEN if you own it. I don't want this thread to debate that issue. For sure, this site doesn't condone the discussion of the cirvumvention of any copy protection.

FYI, it's totally legal to make a copy of your own DVD/Bluray. You are obviously not allowed to share that copy with anyone else, but it's totally legal to make your own copy (which you obviously have to circumvent the copy protection in order to make a copy).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones