• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where to find Adobe Flash 10.1 download for MotoDroid, Froyo 2.2

This post is a result of over two-plus hours of research, my use of the search here and on Google, and still coming up empty. PLEASE don't flame me - I am giving what I have found for those who are in the same boat I am. :eek:

I installed the Froyo 2.2 update on my hubby's MotoDroid and looked and looked for the Adobe Flash 10.1 update. It took me a while to find it for my device, and even longer for me to find again! :(

Nevertheless, I FOUND IT and wanted to post a link for everyone who keeps asking where to find it. :D I used the first one, and other than being a bit newer and a bit larger, I have not tried the second one.

This is for com.adobe.flashplayer-3.apk 10.1: com.adobe.flashplayer-3.apk

THIS LINK DL'S A .txt file - I am researching this!
This is a link to Adobe Flash Player 10.1_10.1.61.68.apk : Adobe Flash Player 10.1_10.1.61.68.apk (thanks to nstallion)

Go to one of these sites using your phone's browser and download it. After it's done downloading, pull down the window and click it. It may come up saying applications like this are blocked from being installed on your device. Select SETTINGS, and check the box - then OK the warning (you can unselect it after installation).

It will install and *VOILA* You have Adobe Flash Player 10.1! I did not use APK installer but I do have it on my device. That may have helped and it never hurts!

Enjoy! BTW, I am not the person to whom you should direct questions, as I don't know much about the goings-on in my device. Everything I know, I know from here :) (Thanks to all who post and ask questions and take time to research and answer them! YOU ROCK!)

Dawn - hoping this makes the Flash Player download MUCH easier to find for others!

Excuse my "greeness" but I wanted to ask if I'm doing something wrong. I keep getting the file with a .txt on the end. I don't think it's correct but that's all I'm getting. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I'm really green too, but I don't understand what you'd be clicking on to get a file with a .txt file. :thinking:

I have a file manager on my device - go to the market and search for ASTRO - it's a great utility and hopefully that will help you. Are you using your computer or phone browser to download Flash? I used the browser on my phone and it worked perfectly.

I don't know what else to ask, so I'll see if I can direct someone with more wisdom than me to help! Good luck!

Reactions: Muscles007
Upvote 0
Excuse my "greeness" but I wanted to ask if I'm doing something wrong. I keep getting the file with a .txt on the end. I don't think it's correct but that's all I'm getting. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Need more info to help you out. What is the full name of the file you are trying to install? Are you using a file manager to access the install? The file extension should be .apk, if not then you might have downloaded the wrong file. please provide more info and I would be glad to assist you.

Now to the Op: If you installed 2.2 on your phone didn't it come with flash 10? I know us EVO users just got our 2.2 and Flash 10 was already installed. I don't know much about the motodroid so maybe this was a custom install of 2.2? or was it OTA from your carrier?

Upvote 0
I did the 2.2 upgrade about 2 weeks ago here, using my computer, on my MotoDroid running the 2.1. Then when I went to find Flash it took FOREVER. I did download the ASTRO from the marketplace after doing the 2.2 upgrade, before going to the Flash link I found - just in case I needed to do it from my device browser.

I hope that gives some more help - and thanks SirSlayer - Good questions and info I didn't think I needed to include :)

Good luck - and keep asking questions! It's how we help each other!

Upvote 0
Estrongs File manager is better than astro. I have both installed and don't use Astro any more. Estrongs includes Bluetooth, FTP and network file browsing. I use the FTP and LAN file browsers all the time, You never need to plug your phone ito your PC to transfer files. Estrongs also acts as an app installer/uninstaller like Astro.

Edit: just installed v10.1.92.8 and it's working with xScope browser

Upvote 0
Need more info to help you out. What is the full name of the file you are trying to install? Are you using a file manager to access the install? The file extension should be .apk, if not then you might have downloaded the wrong file. please provide more info and I would be glad to assist you.

Now to the Op: If you installed 2.2 on your phone didn't it come with flash 10? I know us EVO users just got our 2.2 and Flash 10 was already installed. I don't know much about the motodroid so maybe this was a custom install of 2.2? or was it OTA from your carrier?

Thank you for responding. I have the Verizon's Moto Droid. It was the something but not the flash file. My 2.2 was an OTA but I finally was able to download the beta version which had the .apk but I don't like it. I'm not sure whether is was included in the OTA. Have you tried using your flash with any sites such as Hulu? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Greetings and Salutations, all. First, thanks to those who did the footwork in getting the 10.1 links in this thread! Thanks! My problem is, I have a regular Droid 2.2 and I've tried downloading and opening all the links on this page, but whenever I go to a webpage (Ign.com, yeah I'm a nerd!) I KNOW in the past has required to download 10.1, none of the videos played. So I'd uninstall, then install one of the other links on this thread. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I've downloaded both ASTRO and ES Task Manager to help in unzipping any files, but I've had no luck getting this running. Thoughts? Thanks ahead of time.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried Hulu yet, but I probably should. Sorry I've been away - I appreciate all the input from other Droid owners for us newbie. Y'all are great!

Muscles - have you been able to get things going a little better? I'm going to install the version of Flash mentioned by PridgNYC. I'll post here later. I might also give the Estrongs a try. Love multi-tasking apps! Like Alton Brown believes there should only be one uni-tasker in the kitchen, I like most apps doing more than one thing IF they know what they are doing! It's less confusing that way!

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding. I have the Verizon's Moto Droid. It was the something but not the flash file. My 2.2 was an OTA but I finally was able to download the beta version which had the .apk but I don't like it. I'm not sure whether is was included in the OTA. Have you tried using your flash with any sites such as Hulu? Thanks again.

Yea I have never got Hulu to work. I have never tried that hard as other flash sites work just fine. I think they check what computer platform you are using and if its not in their requirements then it wont play.

Greetings and Salutations, all. First, thanks to those who did the footwork in getting the 10.1 links in this thread! Thanks! My problem is, I have a regular Droid 2.2 and I've tried downloading and opening all the links on this page, but whenever I go to a webpage (Ign.com, yeah I'm a nerd!) I KNOW in the past has required to download 10.1, none of the videos played. So I'd uninstall, then install one of the other links on this thread. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I've downloaded both ASTRO and ES Task Manager to help in unzipping any files, but I've had no luck getting this running. Thoughts? Thanks ahead of time.

IGN - hasn't worked on there either....

Regarding the file management...What file/file type are you trying to unzip? for me Astro works great.

Upvote 0
Thats where I got my flash from too. I know you said your not the best person to ask qustions to but this is a non-flash issue. Myself and other users at work have noticed a major battery drain issue. I have read a few things and am going to look into now, but is your phone on a typical normal useage day draining a lot faster? And the other item is that of charging your phone either from wall jack or from usb on your pc the battery gets very hot. I have charged from both ways before and this never happend.
Any info would be great,
Thanks,
Thad

Upvote 0
I recently had an Android flashed from Verizon to a Metropolitan Cell phone carrier, I could not open my applications throughly because of the problems I started having with the flash driver, I found your forum and the application went right through with no problems...I want to say to you Thanks a millions times for this information and troubleshooting you shared with us. My phone is a Motorola Android A855...Thanks, your husband is lucky for having you find this for him.:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones